Infertile Eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hi all!
So Lyra, my female BD has been very busy this past week (and now). She's acting like she's got slug eggs, she has never been bred. She's about 2 and half years old. She weighs 444 grams, which is a bit more than usual, from what I remember. Lyra's belly has also increased in size as well. She has also been black bearding off and on, but she is very alert and healthy... I did a comparison with my other female to Lyra, Lyra has bumps, and my other girl does not...
What are the differences between slug and fertile egg laying (besides having been bred or not)? Does slug egg laying usually happen easily and naturally, or are they more prone to getting egg bound with the infertile eggs?
So what do I need to get for her? Are there things I need to watch out for? What do I need to be concerned about?

Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just set up a nice lay bin for her. They usually quit eating 1-4 days before laying and begin to dig all day. That's why you need a laybox. Most beardies do just fine, keep her in good health with regular calcium supplements , hydration and as stress free as possible. If she acts very sick, lethargic, etc + blackbeards, you need to get her to an experienced reptile vet.

So here's a youtube video on setting up a laybox.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrDQ2orl51bpncAeIOXnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTJkZWYxNXM0BHNlYwNjZC1hdHRyBHNsawNzb3VyY2UEdnRpZAMEcnVybANodHRwczovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS93YXRjaD92PXlOd3FIc1Y3cGVF/RV=2/RE=1537083307/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dyNwqHsV7peE/RK=2/RS=ePf8E_nGic6kf9LMSslk2mBJM6s-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom