sick or just paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodamariposa5

I'm fairly new to owning any type of lizard. I was given him a few months ago and hes grown alot and ive fallen deeply in love with him. Lately he doesnt seem to be acting 100% himself but im also not home most of the day to see how he is in the day time, his tank is 36x16x16. he has a 10.0 uv bulb, the temps are 95 and 85 on his cool side. humidity gauge reads 25, i give him daily collards and cabbage, occasionally bok choy and carrots, dusted with his vitamins every other day and garnished with the flukers medley, (hes a very picky & spoiled eater) a total of 25 live crickets throughout the week. im using reptile carpet,
hes about 17inches long and gives lots of cuddles
i noticed his scales looking very raised but yellow looking skin underneath and it looks like there is lots of space between each scale exposing the yellow skin more, he doesnt flinch away when i touch it though so im not sure if its irritating him or not. :( I just want to make sure hes okay, im making a vet appointment regardless cause hes never had one and its time
full

UPDATE we went to the vets today and we are very healthy they said. But the craziest news is my son is actually a daughter o.o I've been calling her handsome every single day for so long now

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The skin just looks like some patches may be getting ready to shed. Do you know how old he is? At 17'' he is probably an adult or close to it. Which 10.0 UVB bulb are you using? How far is it above his basking area? He may want a warmer basking surface but I'd be sure to get accurate surface readings using a digital thermometer with a probe placed on the basking surface (and another for the cool side) or by double checking with an IR temp gun. Shoot for around 100-105 basking surface, areas around that in the 90s, and a cool side surface of around 75-85ish. You don't need to supplement his salads as those are nutrient rich on their own. Just dust the bugs you offer and make sure they're eating fresh veges so they're well hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom