Formless stool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new here so I’m sorry if I miss any formalities.
My bearded dragon got sick around July and lost a lot of weight. I’ve been feeding him a diet of about a quarter cup of collards and 7-10 large superworms. He has been slowly gaining weight and is getting better in regards to that. His poop has been a pretty consistent problem so it could just be how he poops but it is rarely formed and doesn’t often have a urate. His heat is good and his uvb bulb is reaching the end of its life, but the problem has been here for awhile.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is he? I would try to add more variety in his diet but focus on bugs vs focus on veges depends on his age. What are the surface temps around the tank? Which UVB light are you using at the moment?

NikkiandDucky

Original Poster
He’s roughly three years old with a ambient temp from mid seventy to mid eighty. His basking spot is mid to high ninety son average. The uvb bulb is a reptisun 10.0 tube.
Edit: I normally would focus on vegetables but according to several other forums bugs will help him to gain weight.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 3 years old he should be eating mostly salads with a bug meal once or twice per week. A daily salad with a nice variety of items will help him put weight on too. I rehabilitated my adult dragon using mostly veges and it worked well. This is a good list to reference for some ideas on what to offer http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html I usually just rotate based on what looks fresh at the store.

Is your ReptiSun 10 a T8 or a T5 tube? How far is it above his basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom