Mbd??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelsey

Hi all! Back in April we brought home our sweet girl fern. She was very tiny and didnt eat very much for the first 3 or 4 weeks she was home despite my constant offering of crickets and other worms. She now eats great and loves greens as well. I rotate her protein between dubi and crickets and she gets super worms and wax worms sparingly in her veg. I also dust her veggies with calcium+VB. I recently noticed that she has been walking around on the tops of her feet and also seems to have weakened back legs. She seems otherwise healthy and happy and loves climbing around on her hammock and basking limb. Could her wierd walk be MBD? I have been using a coil uvb bulb and heard it wasn't good enough. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it does very much sound like calcium deficiency/MBD and the coil bulb is probably the culprit. Get that taken care of ASAP, get a Reptisun 10.0 [ usually need to order online ] not the t8 but the t5 [ look in the description on the package, and the t5 is a very thin long bulb but stonger than the t8 ] or look for Arcadia D3 12-14 %. Can you get her out in the sun [ not in a glass tank ! It heats up wat too much ] Just set with her in the grass daily , the sun will strengthen her bones more quickly than any bulb.
Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Pics of her as well as the entire set up.

Skelsey

Original Poster
101045-4296769584.jpg

I just moved her to a larger cage yesterday. I also bought a reptisun 10.0 bulb with a fixture. Right now I have both uvb's on top of her cage. Is this overkill? I can def. Bring her outside every day but I'm worried she will escape. She can take off and sprint pretty quickly if shes feeling squirrelly?

Skelsey

Original Poster
I'm also trying to figure out an option for substrate, so for now I put down newspaper. I'll have to find felt or tiles that fit her cage bottom. Also, I heard it helps to mount the uvb light IN her cage instead of on the screen. If I do this should the bulb be directed up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom