very WATERY diarrhea- Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
I don't know whats wrong. Ranger poops on a regular clockwork basis. But for 2 days now he's had diarrhea. I'm talking 1/4 cup of straight up foul smelling water and a very loose stool incorporated. WHAT should I do!??! He looks kinda pale and I have no money for a vet trip. Idk what to do. He's shedding at the moment but hasn't eaten the skin like he normally does. Although he has been eating his spring mix salad like crazy! I've been Reptashy calcium and vitamin dust. Could it be too much vitamin?? His spring mix includes baby green romaine, red romaine, tango, spinach, red oakleaf lettuce, green oakleaf lettuce, red chard, green ghard, lolla rosa, arugula, mizuna, tatsoi, redleaf and greenleaf lettuce. I just grab a package of spring mix from the store and this is the current one I grabbed... it's unopened. Is there anything in there he shouldn't have?? If so I'll just get the usual package which is just romaine, radicchio, arugula, spinach, and chard. But still is it the arugula?? the spinach? What is it? I'm open for all input!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be upset stomach from that greens mix. Try backing down to just a few things. Try some romaine, maybe some collards or turnip greens. Some chopped up green beans or bell pepper, etc and see how that goes for the next week or so. If the poop doesn't start to look better after a couple of weeks then a fecal test is a good idea to see if there are parasites present. I would reference this list for some other ideas on what to offer in salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":251jra62 said:
It could be upset stomach from that greens mix. Try backing down to just a few things. Try some romaine, maybe some collards or turnip greens. Some chopped up green beans or bell pepper, etc and see how that goes for the next week or so. If the poop doesn't start to look better after a couple of weeks then a fecal test is a good idea to see if there are parasites present. I would reference this list for some other ideas on what to offer in salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

I knew I could count on you CooperDragon. Thank you very much! I'll cut it back and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom