Yellow urate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Hi there, my baby beardie just pooped out yellow urate and a bit of poop.. I heard that yellow urate means too much calcium but I don't dust his reptiworms at all unless its multi once a week. We ran out of food for him and I feed him small mealies for now(we're getting reptiworms today) and I don't dust the mealies.

100242-3826621799.jpg

He drinks a good amount of water for a beardie, currently shedding a little bit, and is super active, alert, and his appetite is great. He's two months old,

-reptiworms as a staple, dubia roaches time to time, and canned caterpillars/silkworms as a treat.
-kale, escarole, green mustard, and collared greens are his veg staples.

Can someone also tell me if beardies make noise? I'm scared that he has a URI because he made a sound that's not clicking.. Nor wheezing.. Or coughing.. Or a chirp. It's more like a grunt?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can sometimes mean dehydration or be diet related but isn't usually much of an issue if it's just a temporary thing. If it keeps up like that I'd try offering even more water via drips on the nose to lick up.

Sometimes they make a grunt sound when they puff out their bellies and exhale or flare their beards because it forces air through their throat quickly.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":pcvw7lu8 said:
It can sometimes mean dehydration or be diet related but isn't usually much of an issue if it's just a temporary thing. If it keeps up like that I'd try offering even more water via drips on the nose to lick up.

Sometimes they make a grunt sound when they puff out their bellies and exhale or flare their beards because it forces air through their throat quickly.

Okay thank you! Worried be for a bit about the grunt thing..

And, yes it actually could be dehydration because I pinched his skin (he really did NOT like that) and it didn't really snap back in place. Skin isn't wrinkly and he doesn't have droopy eyes nor sunken eyes so it must be pretty early. I will be giving him a bit more water now, and he also drinks out of a bowl (I saw him do it multiple times) so ill leave a small bowl in there with a bit of water for him to drink up,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom