6 month old beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFTWx

97566-1460476895.jpg
I have had my bearded dragon for 6 months now ever since he was a baby. I have just recently noticed that he has not gotten any water at least that I have ever seen. He also doesn't have any interest for veggies anymore. As well, we have moved to a 60 gal tank recently and he keeps surfing repeatedly. I will get some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it again. He is also very skinny if I did not mention that. He also has not shed in like a month and a half. And id like someone to look at his foot as I believe it looks a little weird.
97566-5138966641.jpg
97566-7831145045.jpg
97566-1970709004.jpg
97566-3940738919.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks like he is a healthy size to me. If he isn't drinking water then he is probably getting enough hydration from his food. Does his poop look dry/chalky? That's usually a good indicator of hydration level. I think you'll find his appetite and preferences for food will fluctuate so just keep offering as much variety as you can. His foot looks OK to me. Is there something specific that is concerning you about it?

BlueFTWx

Original Poster
His poop seems fine ( he likes to run around in it) kind of green and has shape. Idk about his foot it's just he jumped off me a few times and it looks a little loose ish.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he moving around on it OK? If he is putting weight on it and is able to climb it's probably fine. If he is avoiding putting weight on it or not using it then it might be worth having a vet take an x-ray. it looks OK from the outside though. I don't see any swelling or damage.

BlueFTWx

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3a85abg7 said:
Is he moving around on it OK? If he is putting weight on it and is able to climb it's probably fine. If he is avoiding putting weight on it or not using it then it might be worth having a vet take an x-ray. it looks OK from the outside though. I don't see any swelling or damage.
He climbs up to his hammock ok and moves around the cage ok. And earlier I said he was 6 months when I just figured out he was actually 9! Is everything ok still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom