Unhealthy looking poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

liamgb

Hello! Lil Barry’s poo seemed a little damp this morning, was wondering how bad it actually is? It is very occasionally like this, but most days is more of a solid affair. You can’t see in the photo, but the white stuff is there underneath and is a good white colour.
He’s recently taken to refusing all greens and it’s a constant battle to try to get him to have some. We’ve tried putting bugs on greens, sneaking them in his mouth when it’s open, not giving him bugs until the afternoon etc. The only non bug things he eats are fruits which we’ve been trying not to give too much of. He had a raspberry the other day, and a few tiny bits of apple this morning. Currently sitting in his food bowl is untouched spring greens and butternut squash.
Bug-wise it’s mostly dusted locusts with some calci worms as treats.
He got checked out a few weeks ago - just a general physical assessment but was told he seemed very healthy. His manner is alert, active, seems normal. About 9/10 months old.
He’s got a basking area which he doesn’t use as much as we’d like but he does hang out in the warmer half of the tank most of the day which, in his favourite spot, is usually about 37C. We try to keep the basking spot to about 43C, but recently it keeps going up to like, 47C so we’ve been keeping the door more open and occasionally switching to a cooler bulb to bring it down. His cool end is usually wavering around 30C which is a little hotter than we’d like so we bring him out a few times a day and let him do a bit of supervised exploring and stuff.
Our UVB light is relatively new, bought within the last month, and is the one that everybody always says to get on here, can’t remember the exact specifications! A long tube though.

So I guess the question is, does it look vet worthy, maybe we’ve been a bit generous with the fruits recently, or nothing to worry about?

Also attached is a picture of him right now, trying to avoid the smell of his own lil gift to us and sulking because I’m trying to make him eat his greens.

Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He definitely is pouting! LOL
Are you in the UK or Australia?
At his age, he could be trying to brumate perhaps, like a lot of them do at that age. Has he
lost any weight or is it pretty stable?
Which brand of tube UVB are you using?
His stool looks a bit messy, but not too out of the ordinary. I think I would chalk it up to
fruits causing a looser stool. There is no blood with it which can sometimes indicate worms
or parasites. They can be really picky about their greens.
Try cutting back some on the fruits to see if that helps firm up the stool some. He appears
to be well hydrated, which is good.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom