Help!! Stress, not eating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. My baby’s name is Charlie. She will be 4 in October. I’ve only had her since October she belonged to my ex before that. Charlie is almost 2 feet long I believe. She doesn’t like being in her habitat. Now this is bad... it’s only a 30 gallon which I know is way too small but up until now I’ve either been out of a job or working minimum wage with really expensive bills. Now I’m working at a pet store as a manager so I’m going to get her a way bigger cage I’m aiming for a 75 gallon. Her substrate is Repticarpet. Here’s a side piece of info I just washed her repticarpet in the washer with laundry detergent cause it was stinky. I didn’t use fabric softener or anything just the detergent but since then she doesn’t like being in her cage I’ve tried airing out the carpet and everything but she just doesn’t like being in there. It also could be because I just moved twice in the past two months and she’s come with me both times. But the previous time I couldn’t bring her into the apartment right away because I had to get her paperwork done (she’s my ESA) so I had my mom promise she would take perfect care of my baby but when I went to pick her up from my parents house... ugh this still makes me mad. Her heat lamp was not on. There was day old food in there. And here’s the kicker. She was COVERED in gnats. I of course got her out of there immediately. I cleaned her cage out with water and vinegar and didn’t put her back in that cage until I had washed the carpet. Since she doesn’t likes being in the carpet and I live in Texas where it’s hot and sunny all the time I’ve been taking her outside several times a day to get some sun and absorb some heat. I also when she’s inside keep her in a sweater I made for her. She sleeps wrapped like a burrrito in a towel on her own little bed I made her. But she’s constantly got stress marks unless she’s been wrapped up all day or is sleeping. I’ve tried giving her baths and she won’t drink from them, she won’t poop, (I’ve had her here about a week and a half and she’s only pooped once!!) and she’s not eating. I don’t know what to do. If you need anymore information I will gladly provide that and pictures if needed please someone help me with my baby.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What lights do you have for her now? Can you post some photos of her setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

30g is too small for an adult so giving her plenty of time outside of the tank is a good idea. You can set up portable basking spots for her using a clamp lamp (or fixture on an adjustable stand) and a mercury vapor bulb like the PowerSun.

I used to throw retpicarpet in the washer too but it would tatter quickly so I started using tile instead. Non adhesive shelf liner is also a good choice that is easy to clean. For something soft I use fleece. That doesn't get caught in their nails and is easy to clean. It holds up better to washing machines than the carpet does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom