Red sore or bump in beardies mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarghblah

Earlier this week, I noticed that when my beardie was opening his mouth when basking there was a red bump that almost looked like a boil or a canker sore on the lower middle part of his mouth. He still has been eating normalls and active and isn’t showing that he’s in any pain. We do use metal tongs to feed him roaches and I’m almost wondering if he hit the tong weirdly when trying to eat one and maybe a sore came from that? He actually bit my hand when I was trying to feed him last week cause one of the roaches escaped and it was quicker just to grab it with my finger but he saw it and wanted it and my finger was in his way haha. Of course I’m worried if it’s something else like something cancerous that we should discuss with a vet. Any advice or comments helps! I’ll post a picture of what he mouth looks like from earlier today.
99847-939409701.jpg
99847-9435279537.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the tongs caused some irritation. Try putting some raw/unpasteurized honey over the area to help it heal back up. It doesn't look too bad at the moment though.

Poxinabox

Hi Blarghblah, I'm bumping this thread to see what your eventual outcome was, since my beardie has precisely the same injury at precisely the same spot. How is your lizard? What was the injury, anyway?

fcooper

Hatchling Member
He needs to see a vet immediately. He has an infection in his mouth/gums. You can call it stomatitis or mouth rot, but it is definitely not something you blow off especially in an older dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom