Beardie Coughing noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty77

Hi, my beardie has been coughing almost like a cat with a fur ball for last couple days in the morning. his beard gets real dark when it happens. He does it several times and then it just stops. He has been eating okay and drinking fine. Just want to make sure it's nothing serious. Any ideas what it could be?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My understanding is bearded dragons cant cough (like mammals do) because their lungs work differently (no chest diaphragm).

My guess is something stuck in the throat …. If the dragon is still doing this when you read this …. I think you need to get it to reptile vet for an assessment even if I'm wrong (about something stuck in the throat) and it's a respiratory infection it needs vet treatment NOW.

Scotty77

Original Poster
Well we took him to the vet. He has a resp infection of some sort amd got 10 doses of Ceftazidime. Was also a bit dehydrated and got some fluids in him....Thanks all!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Scotty77":2o43nshh said:
Well we took him to the vet. He has a resp infection of some sort amd got 10 doses of Ceftazidime. Was also a bit dehydrated and got some fluids in him....Thanks all!!

Worth considering nebulization using F10 as well as the (oral ?) Ceftazidime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom