light gagging/coughing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my child is about 9 years old and really fat. She's been sleeping a lot/presumably brumating lately, preferring to bury herself and nap rather than sit in the very available light and eating very little.

The other day I noticed her sitting up and breathing weirdly/deeply, and with her exhales she'd puff up her beard slightly. At first I thought she was sunning and gaping but she seemed more like she was gagging, breathing deeply and then exhaling with her mouth opened. She's done this several other times since.
She knows where to go when she wants water and I gave her some and she drank (3 days ago), but then spit some out/back up immediately afterwards, which she's never done before and even though she hardly drank much.
She last ate about a week ago and this has been going on for about 5 days now.

what's she doin ???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she was spitting up water maybe she just had too much at once but if she's also having trouble breathing and beard flaring then something may be bothering her. It might be worth bringing her to a reptile vet for a checkup.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Cooper but is there anyway you can post a video of it ? If not, can you post a few pics of her + her tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom