My cat attacked my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElijahWalker

She has a scratch(?) on her arm after the cat clawed at her from under the door, and I think it is healing. She doesnt seem too bothered by it, but i think I should be concerned about it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Cats have a lot of bacteria in their saliva so it may be infected. It looks swollen, is it ? If so I'd get her to a vet for antibiotics ASAP. You can also apply raw unpasteurized honey to kill bacteria + disinfect it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ElijahWalker":1nan5wjg said:
crop from your photo
cat_attack_looks_broken_to_me.png

That looks like a broken arm in that photo as well as a penetrating claw and fang wound , it is DEFINITELY swollen.

I think this qualifies as a VET EMERGENCY …. don't mess about with this kind of cat attack injury as they become lifethreatening systemic infections VERY FAST - time is of the essence to get on top of the pathogens (viruses, bacteria that are on cat nails and teeth are very nasty and very hard to treat / kill).
I urge you to tell the vet the dragon is victim of cat attack and ask he take a very good look at the obvious injuries and check for other injuries caused by the cat (broken bones , organ damage (internal bleeding).

Honey will not cut it in this case. I speak from experience of rehabilitating a rescued wild skink who was attacked by a cat.
Powerful broad spectrum antibiotics (IM injections and oral) are what will be required and it's likely a long course and even then there are no guarantees your dragon wont succumb to a systemic infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom