Curled up in corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had Bruce for about 2 weeks and he has been doing well and eating 30-40 roaches a day. He is about 11 1/2 inches long. I had a friend who gave me some used reptile carpet that I put in his cage. I read online today that that was a big no-no so I immediately took him out, took everything out, cleaned the cage, and replaced the reptile carpet with paper towels (I am going to buy tile soon as substrate) I let the vinegar fumes go away (I use a 50/50 vinegar and water solution to clean his cage) and then put him back in. I came back about 10 minutes later and he was sort of curled up in the corner of his tank with his tail wrapped around him. He still seemed very alert and fine. I picked him up and he felt a little cold so I put him back under the heat lamp. Is it normal for them to curl up like that? Is he going to be ok?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he probably got a little stressed/disoriented with the changes to the tank. Possibly still smelling some fumes as well. How is he today ?

He should be fine in no time. :)

Flapjack6260

Original Poster
AHBD":21acyp79 said:
Hi there, he probably got a little stressed/disoriented with the changes to the tank. Possibly still smelling some fumes as well. How is he today ?

He should be fine in no time. :)

He is doing fine today! I was so worried but I think that he will be ok now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom