Smelly poo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
When I opened Dog's enclosure his poo was on his basking spot but it was horrid..

I don't know if it means parasites because my sense of smell and hearing is extremely sensitive but I'm really paranoid because of the baby..

I did gag when I opened the tank but it looked healthy. The urate was white and completely fine while the poo itself also looked fine.

[Age: 2 months
Size: 6in
Feedings: Kale, collared greens, green mustard, squash, BSFL, butterworms,
Basking: 103F
Cool side: 76F
Recently shed
Had a vet check before he was brought home]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it was well formed it may just be extra stinky because it was in the basking area. Nice and well cooked :puke:

Just clean the basking spot with vinegar and water and sanitize it with heat/steam or some veterinary disinfectant and it should be fine. If it continues for several weeks being unusually smelly, even when it's away from the basking area, then a check might be warranted but this may be an outlier.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2kpher4a said:
If it was well formed it may just be extra stinky because it was in the basking area. Nice and well cooked :puke:

Just clean the basking spot with vinegar and water and sanitize it with heat/steam or some veterinary disinfectant and it should be fine. If it continues for several weeks being unusually smelly, even when it's away from the basking area, then a check might be warranted but this may be an outlier.

Oh good!! I was super paranoid because I'm still a new beardie dad :D

I'll check up to see if its still a bit smelly away from the basking area, and if it is I did find a good exotic vet near me so I could give them a fecal check.. I did clean it up hours ago I just got the reply now!

((The baby beardie is sleeping in plastic leaves and on a log right now so he's super comfy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom