At what point to take to vet for impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hello all my baby girl Zora is three years old and hasn’t pooped for a week before. But now it’s about a week and a half and she hasn’t pooped yet :( her diet has been the same (collard/mustard greens and crickets as insect) and her light is fine too, a mega Ray mvb. I think she hasn’t pooped because of a change of environment as I took her on vacation with me and she was with me for a week and pooped once, then with my dad for one week. He told me she didn’t poop and he followed all my directions as to when to and what to feed her (I pre made salads) so I guess I’m trying to ask when to take her to the vet as I’m worried :(. Last time I gave her some olive oil and I think a little bit of kiwi and she pooped about an hour or two later so I’m wondering if I should try that when I get home (I’m on a long car drive) thanks guys, this forum is the greatest thing for bearded dragon owners of all experiences :)!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is she showing any behavior changes, ie lethargy , BBing , not thermoregulating ?

My girl is about the same age and tends to go several days between poos , has been like this since she was about 12 months old , her record is 14 days. Apart from that as far as know she's fine , she just has a slow metabolism.

Have you tried olive oil (about 0.4ml) given by syringe or eyedropper every couple of days (can take 48 - 72hr for food to be processed).

What other things have you tried ?

Can you feel any hard masses in her tummy ?

Camhabit

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1s8z1283 said:
Is she showing any behavior changes, ie lethargy , BBing , not thermoregulating ?

My girl is about the same age and tends to go several days between poos , has been like this since she was about 12 months old , her record is 14 days. Apart from that as far as know she's fine , she just has a slow metabolism.

Have you tried olive oil (about 0.4ml) given by syringe or eyedropper every couple of days (can take 48 - 72hr for food to be processed).

What other things have you tried ?

Can you feel any hard masses in her tummy ?

Hi thank you for your fast reply:)! Ironically about 5 minutes ago she went...all over my nice hoodie but hey I was happy!! I don’t know if it was the shaking of the car or she was protesting pooping at my dads and saved it for me? thank you for your advice I think she is like your girl and has a slow metabolism as she doesn’t poop for about 2-3 days normally. Her new record is 12 days lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just as an FYI, adults can go much longer than that. Natural laxatives like applesauce, baby food squash, sweet potato , prunes, canned pumpkin all with or without a few big drops of oil will work. Babies are different, after a 3-4 days you need to get the laxatives in them. That's a general guideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom