Concerns about my Dragon’s Poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessTheBioNerd

Hello there, I’m new here. Just made an account. I’ve been browsing a lot of posts trying to find an answer to if I should be worried about my dragon’s poo.

Jaehaera is around 5 months old, I purchased her at a show last month, and she’s been happily living and eating in her enclosure.

She lives in a 40 gallon tank(it’s the equivalent of two 20 longs on top of each other) with a custom made foam insert with ledges and basking areas.

I keep her on an ExoTerra sand mat substrate on the bottom of the tank.

I use a reptisun UVB bulb as well as ZooMed 50 watt heat bulb. Basking temps are at 110F with her ambient cool end at around 85.

She gets fed 10 gutloaded medium sized Dubia roaches every morning and evening, with a blend of greens and veggies every morning, usually including turnip greens or mustard greens as well carrot, sweet potato or whatever veggies I have for her. She gets blueberries on occasion.

My concern after reading is that her poo REAKS like my whole room is awful, I have to go in with a gas mask. It was firm once before but in the past couple days has been more fluid, slightly green, and terribly stinky.

I was concerned as she’s my first beardie, I have crested geckos and a tortoise but wasn’t sure what was normal for these beasties.

She eats well and is very active, so I don’t think she has parasites, I just wanted to check in and see if there’s anything in her routine I need to reconsider.

Thanks for the help!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
If it smells that bad it sounds like parasites, like coccidia or something. I would definitely get a fecal test done. They can still have an appetite. I would keep the enclosure very clean every day till it clears up.

It might be parasites, but keep in mind that all beardie feces generally smell awful. I can usually tell if Autumn has passed just by the smell....I’d say to keep an eye on him just to be safe! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom