Bearded dragon has been pushing out throat alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibi3403

Im concerned i have a male beardie who is 2 years old. He has been doing this thing with his throat where he repeatedly pushes his throat and expands his body then swallows it. Ive seen him bob his head before and shiw signs of aggression or dominance but this is not nearly as close. My friends say he may be choking but how could he be choking for a month. Im very worried. He eats, dubia roaches, superworms, and crickets. I feed him kale, spinach, cilantro, peaches, raspberties, romaine lettuce etc. He also has a 10.0 uvb tube light in hus cage and a 75 watt white heat lamp. Idk whybhe swallows ut then puffs it out again. He doesnt hiss or try to bite hes looks like hes in some kind of discomfort though. Im just trying to see if anyone may have an idea before i take him to a vet.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I think what you are describing is them stretching out. I have seen mine puff out his throat and swell up his body. They are just stretching their skin.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It kind of freaked me out the first time I saw mine do it too. They can also make their eyes bulge out for stretching also.

Bibi3403

Original Poster
kyleena29 said:
he used to bulge his ryes out slot but he hasnt done it in so long. And he just saw my other lizard and turned dark and his beard got black and i saw shed around his beard so yesh thats it most definitely thank you!

Bibi3403

Original Poster
kyleena29 said:
i have another beardie who i believe is
A female. I asked a wyestion not to long ago about her reoccurring eye infection. I use terramycin and honey but it hasnt gone away. She was like this when i got her. She eats and everything and is fine but her poop is runny like usual. Well i went to give her a bath and noticed some blood on her bottom. I looked in her cage but didnt see any. When i went back to her i noticed she had pooped in the water which i rinsed out and went to wash off the dried blood. I noticed she has a little pink thing hanging out of her bottom and this just happened im worrried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom