beardie hasn't been eating for 3 weeks already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamakel

hi guys. my beardie which is about 4-5 years old hasn't eaten for almost 3 weeks. in this period of summer, he always goes into brumation, but these weeks he was up staying under the heat bulb everyday and at about 5-6 PM he goes black beard and very bright. I force hand feeded him Cinerea roaches 3 times in the last 1.5 week. in the first 2 weeks I didn't feed him as I thought he might go into brumation but he was pooping everyday even if he wasn't eating (still does poop everyday).

I'm using ReptiGlo 10.0 and ReptiGlo 2.0 + Ceramic Heat Bulb and some normal Samsung Tube for heat too. cool side is about 82-83 and warm side is 105-110.

I would take him to the vet but here in Romania they don't really work with reptiles.

He is Atadeno positive, did some stargazing when he was young but he managed to live up to 4 years almost 5.

edit: he did lose some weight. he was kinda fatty. I have 3 others and he was the fattest one. I'm keeping them alone, having 4 vivs, same setup. one bad thing I did was to not weight him every week but I can tell he lost weight as he is skinnier.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would definitely keep an eye on his weight. If he slowed his metabolism then he should stay pretty stable. My dragon lost about 4% body weight during a 3 month brumation and is healthy. Keep offering him drops of water on his nose to keep him hydrated. Make food available but if he doesn't take it there may not be a lot else to do except wait.

Are you just using the ceramic heat emitter for heat? Is the tank dark? The ReptiGlo bulbs might not be putting out enough light. The basking area should look like sunlight. Your temperatures are good though.

Iamakel

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1jr8z8ci said:
I would definitely keep an eye on his weight. If he slowed his metabolism then he should stay pretty stable. My dragon lost about 4% body weight during a 3 month brumation and is healthy. Keep offering him drops of water on his nose to keep him hydrated. Make food available but if he doesn't take it there may not be a lot else to do except wait.

Are you just using the ceramic heat emitter for heat? Is the tank dark? The ReptiGlo bulbs might not be putting out enough light. The basking area should look like sunlight. Your temperatures are good though.

I do offer him drops of water everyday and give him a bath once in two days. I'm using the ceramic heat for the heat and some other bulb that has UVA too. the basking spot is very bright (like sunlight) and the cold spot is bright but not that much. the viv is 3m by 1.5m height and the UVBs are about 10-15 cm above the basking light.

thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom