Waxy white area on head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sage has had a small patch of peculiar scales on her head for several months now. We thought it would go away when she shed and it did not. It seems to have approximately doubled in size since about February when we first got her.
The scales are indented, pale, and waxy in appearance. (see images)
We just want to know if this is a normal variation, or symptomatic of something more serious.

[Begin Kid Message]
help!, so worried for Sage! The white area keeps spreading every day! Yesterday, the white was only close to her eye lids and now it seems to have spread to them.

100266-1291597472.jpg
100266-2145501310.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she is a beautiful girl. love her color. :) How close can she get to the basking bulb, can you show pics ? Might be a burn if you use an intense spot lamp. ACTUALLY....once I zoom in it looks like she is just going through another uneven shed. They do shed in very odd patterns , especially as adults.

She's acting just fine , huh ?

ChrisAndAnya

Original Poster
She seems to be acting fine. She’s about 12 inches away from her basking bulbs. Thanks for the complement we think she’s pretty cute too :)

ChrisAndAnya

Original Poster
Quick follow up. It did, in fact, shed. She's all pretty again and the kid no longer thinks Sage as some sort of head disease.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom