Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck780

100142-52165301.jpg
100142-1034235931.jpg
100142-4497917700.jpg
100142-52165301.jpg
We just got our dragon a month or so ago from the petstore and noticed his tail progressively getting worse. Is it tail rot? The tip is very hard and dark. And further up there looks like a little nick out of his tail( maybe a cricket bite?)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it is but may not be too severe if it is taken off at this point. Sometimes the bad portion will just fall off + there will be no further damage but other times it keeps spreading upwards. You might want to have an experienced reptile vet look at it + possibly amputate about 1/4 inch above the bad area. [ Don't go to just an " exotics " vet who may know almost nothing about lizards unless you have no true reptile vet, and then ask what experience they have and look at reviews. ] For now mix some betadine [ drugstores carry it ] with water and dab it on the tail several times a day.

Do you say there is a bite further up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom