Update on Little Pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pechadm88

Hey guys! I’m back! Just thought I would update you guys on my little dude or dudette...still not sure! I purchased Pascal on May 14th last month! It’s crazy what a little over a month can do!

Food: Pascal went from only eating collard greens here and there to eating them daily along with mustard greens, cilantro, green beans and snap peas. He doesn’t seem to like anything that’s not green. Tried tomato, strawberry and red (purple) cabbage...not a fan yet. Sprayed with calcium of course. He eats crickets on the daily now, switched from 3 times a day to 2 now. They are gut loaded with calcium. I purchased black soldier fly larvae that should be delivered today so I’m hoping he likes that even more! Cheaper and better in calcium and hardly any upkeep! He also loves wax worms now as he always used to turn his nose up at them! Those are only as a treat though!

Lights are the Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO UVB Tube with a reflective hood. He has a strong basking light that keeps his his temps pretty much around 100 on the warm side. Cool side is in the 80s.

Still has his stripes as you can see in the photos but the ones on his neck fade the almost nothing most of the time, but the ones on his body have never faded or gone away. Is this an issue? He alert and active and I let him run around almost every night for a while. He LOVES this and doesn’t want to be put back in his enclosure. 40 gal breeder tank by the way. Has shed 3-4 times now in the month and is getting big! Don’t mind the smudges on his tank. My cats like to watch him up close and personal and leave evidence!
99213-4776028409.jpg
99213-9805801608.jpg
99213-6424076496.jpg
99213-6018950161.jpg
99213-2750547985.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear he's doing so well! He looks nice and healthy in the photos. It's great that he's getting some veges in his diet. The variety will help him a lot in the long run. You don't need to add any supplement to his salads. Collards especially are pretty rich in calcium naturally so they're a good staple food source. The lines are quite normal and have more to do with him basking than anything else. Keep up the good work =)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Pascal looks very good! That's great he is eating so well & likes mustard & collard greens, too.
At his age, that's great he already likes his greens.
I'm sure that the T5 Reptisun is doing wonders for him also. It sounds like he's doing very well
for you & growing quickly also.
They do love to get out of their tanks & run around. It is terrific exercise for them also.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
pechadm88":3kisp5of said:
]
99213-2750547985.jpg

<<< I am HORRIFIED to see a keeper allowing a cat to have access a lizard's tank !!! :shock: .
A very timely warning about cats and lizards = CATS ARE VERY DANGEROUS no matter how sweet and gentle you THINK puss is , there is no such thing as a HARMLESS cat.

If no one else will , I will read the riot act to you about this, even if this upsets you. I am ONLY interested in protecting Pascal .

I shouldn't have to nag on about this , but so many cat lovers who decide they want a pet lizard just don't get it and think Puss and the lizard will be pals and puss will never harm the lizard ,all too often they discover how deluded they were and their defenseless lizard pays the price with a horrible and terrifying encounter and usually ends up dead if not from the attack (cat play is not nice - it's sadistic torture) then a few weeks later from an untreatable SI and or from the injuries it had inflicted on it, then the keeper comes here asking us for sympathy and help.

NEVER allow puss into the same room as Pascal is in EVER - it only takes a moment and one bite or scratch and this more than likely will be a death sentence for Pascal.
Is best if you lock puss away somewhere that it can't see Pascal when Pascal is out and never ever even let puss in the room when Pascal is "safe" in his tank , he isn't (safe) unless you make the tank cat proof.

Puss must never be allowed even in the same room that Pascal is in (even if Pascal is in the tank) your are playing with fire ….and this is guaranteed to end badly for Pascal.

If Pascal's tank in a bedroom , close the darned door behind you and never allow the cat to go in there. I don't want read another story were the cat snuck in when no one was home or someone in a moment of forgetfulness or in rush left a door open and the cat got the lizard out of the tank and tortured it (for the fun of it).

This is something you can do to stop puss from breaking into Pascal's viv ( mesh lid ) viewtopic.php?f=75&t=240221&p=1840683#p1840683

Show us how much you love Pascal by protecting the little dragon , Pascal deserves it.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
I am sorry, but I think the cat vendetta is a little much. We have a cat and multiple reptiles and have absolutely ZERO problems with them in the same room. As long as the tanks are closed so the cat can't get in it isn't an issue. It is NOT irresponsible to have cats and reptiles in the same environment, as long as the reptiles are properly housed and secured. Our cat loves to watch my daughter's leopard gecko in the evenings. In a year, she has never once bothered him. He is secured so that she could never get to him. Clearly, some on here HATE cats. They are not monsters just waiting to kill anything that walks by. Yes, they do have a natural hunting instinct and should NEVER be allowed access to a reptile, but they way they are often portrayed here just isn't fair. Frankly, its hateful.

pechadm88

Original Poster
Goodness, I didn’t mean to cause such a fuss. My cats do not have free roam in my place. When I’m not home the door is closed and they are not allowed in. When I am home they are allowed in the room but under supervision. I don’t like that you assume I just am a terrible person, but I mean, to each their own. They love to watch him and he never looks stressed out, if he was I wouldn’t let them in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom