Debris in beardies eyelids

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, try a warm bath and use a Q-tip [ careful your beardie doesn't try to eat it ! If it doesn't go away after a few bath/rinses, take a few closer shots of the eye to post here in case it's more than just debris, like a possible small growth.

CJRyse

Original Poster
AHBD":1bx1cz63 said:
Hi there, try a warm bath and use a Q-tip [ careful your beardie doesn't try to eat it ! If it doesn't go away after a few bath/rinses, take a few closer shots of the eye to post here in case it's more than just debris, like a possible small growth.

Cheers

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I just zoomed in on the pic , should have done right away and I see tiny white specs around the face. Can you watch closely to see it they are moving ? They lok like grain mites or some other type, possibly even springtails if the wood is wet. If they are mites, they must have come in with the wood chips. You'll have to dump the wood and sanitize the tank with hot water + soap. [ If these aren't mites, do you have sand in the tank ? }

Soaking the beardie + pouring water over his face should clear those up.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is the stuff irritating the dragon's eyes ?
If not , leave it be , or maybe a fine mist spray of water to lubricate it and maybe shift.

If it is , see above comments.

I suspect it's dust from the bark/wood chips I can see in the picture. if the dragon is housed on this material as it's substrate - very bad …. the stuff is neither edible or digestible and very likely to result in GIT impaction / blockage which will be very hard to clear.
I very strongly suggest removing the bark/wood chips and not using any particle type substrate in future.

CJRyse

Original Poster
AHBD":13gc3nl3 said:
I just zoomed in on the pic , should have done right away and I see tiny white specs around the face. Can you watch closely to see it they are moving ? They lok like grain mites or some other type, possibly even springtails if the wood is wet. If they are mites, they must have come in with the wood chips. You'll have to dump the wood and sanitize the tank with hot water + soap. [ If these aren't mites, do you have sand in the tank ? }

Soaking the beardie + pouring water over his face should clear those up.

Ok, I’ll wash him first thing tomorrow.
What can the mites do and what other flooring should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom