Restless, almost hyperactive dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

So, Kira is almost a year old now, and recently she's been glass surfing almost constantly, I take her out of her tank and she'd explore, but when she comes in contact with a window or door shell glass surf there too. Its like she cant stay still.

She used to be chill and sit still on me, now she wont bother she'll jump off and find somewhere to scratch at. I'm constantly scared she'll fall and hurt herself when climbing.

Her tank is an adult size, there aren't any ornaments that could make her feel claustrophobic. Also, its custom made so theres only one side of glass, the rest is wood. So shes not seeing herself in the reflection.

Other than that, heat is right (its hitting summer here so ambient temp is quite hot), UVB isnt needing a change for another couple of months. She eats worms, dried locusts and some veggies (never when im looking). Also I did notice that shes changed her poop, she used to make real big chunks once a day, now shes doing smaller bits but 2 times a day almost. It otherwise looks like a healthy poop though. And sometimes she arches her belly when i offer her veggies, like shes sucking in her tummy, does it for a few seconds then sits normally.

She came out of shed last month and doesn't look like shes going to shed again, so I don't understand why shes so restless.

I don't know if this is normal or not - any advice would be grand!
Thanks <3

MorganaTheSatyr

Original Poster
destiny1998":1y2nn86g said:
Hi. It could be hormones or she could be carrying infertile eggs.

Hi Destiny,
thanks for the reply. Do young beardies lay eggs? i thought they'd need to be at least a year and a half old.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes she can lay eggs. Set up a laybox for her, one that you can put in the cage like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

Fill it almost to the top with damp but not wet sand or sand/soil mix but leave room for her to get in way you can introduce her in to it and she can dig to just burn off energy or if she needs to lay.

MorganaTheSatyr

Original Poster
Oh Okay. Ill try the sand/soil mix. Does it have to be dragon safe? or can it be normal soil from the flower shop?
I don't line her tank with sand substrate- I'm scared it would do damage more than good.

As a little update, shes slightly calmer, but still wont rest on me. Ill be going on a weekend break this weekend to my mums flat - gna be taking everything with me. But i'm scared of the car ride.
Made her a leash and harness thats good for her size but she really doesnt like it.

I'm still scared she'll run off somehow but I can't leave her alone all weekend!
Any tips please?
Thanks

MorganaTheSatyr

Original Poster
#UpdateTime!!

So it was just a hyperactive period. She is A-Okay xD i over-worry.
No eggs were laid and shes as calm as a scaly cucumber :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom