New beardie. Too small? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the general forum too, but thought I should post it in the health forum for a quicker reply.
99968-4941171966.jpg

This is Max! We purchased him in early April at Petsmart. The lady who sold him to us said he was around 2 months old. If this is correct he should be a little over 4 months. He weighs 7g and is about 6inches. He has not grown at all since we purchased him. Took him to the vet and is currently being treated for parasites. He eats 4-6 Phoenix worms maybe 2x a day. Refuses to eat any greens, but we still offer them to him. Tried crickets and he enjoyed them for a while, but doesn't necessarily prefer them. He is in a 50gal tank with UVB and UVA lamps and a basking lamp which gets up to 105°F and the "cooler" spots are about 80°F. He pretty much just basks all day long or sits under the UVB/UVA bulb.

I dont know what else to do besides wait for the treatment to end. We are thinking he could be a pygmy bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom