Bearded Dragon Acting Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start off by saying this since it might be connected to what is happening to my little guy today, yesterday my one year old male Stevie took a poo that was mostly liquidy in his cage and the second after he was done laying it all out he went and sprinted through it, his water bowl, and his food bowl which had mustard greens in it and then continued to eat the mustard greens that he had just run over with his dirty foot. During the months of May-September we get a really high humidity in the house and both cages raise from their normal 30-40 percent range to a 50-90 range and I haven't found a solution to lower the humidity during these months that works long term other than opening their cages and that lowers their temperature.

Today, Stevie is hiding and acting down or depressed and that's something he never does. I also have another dragon, a 2 year old female named Sparky, that he likes to head bob to and he hasn't done that at all today either. He also is known to be a little speed demon and active when he's outside of his cage but now he just wants to hide and snuggle, which I would love for him to do normally, but that's not what he is known for. Two more things that are really tipping me off are that he usually basks 95% of the time and now he's just hiding most of the time and is ice cold, and when I put his food in he usually races to the bowl, now he just looks at it. Could the humidity be causing his issue?Now, mind you that this has only been going on since this morning but his differences are definitely worrying to say the least.. Especically to someone who lost a beardie a year ago from renal failure that started to present something like this. I don't want to automatically assume that it is what he has.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be that he's too hot but there are other things that could be going on. You might want to test him for parrasites to rule that ou.

Can you get a dehumidifier for the room ? And BTW, 50-70% humidity can be pretty normal in Australia, although 90 is really high.

ObsessedwithBeardies

Original Poster
Sorry for being so late to reply. That day passed and he started to acti normal again by 6 that night. The issue I’m still having is humidity (it’s a great thing for my Dubia colony since they’re living it up in the other room with 50-55% humidity) they have those dial readers instead of the digital ones if that matters.

ObsessedwithBeardies

Original Poster
I took their water bowls out and it fixed one of their cages humidity, but the other one is still 70%-90%. The calibration method, would it work with a reader that has temperature and humidity?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That still seems very high for in a house. The calibration should work with any hygrometer if you can fit it in a bag or container with the salt.

ObsessedwithBeardies

Original Poster
I’ll try the calibration on both meters. I’m not so sure it’s reading the other cage right either since I put a digital humidity reader in there and got 38% when it’s getting 52%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom