Worrying behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra213

My guy is 4 months, he's eating, pooping, and still a ball of energy. However he did this weird thing with his head when I was feeding him dinner a couple days and he just did it again. All of a sudden he'll start turning his head looking straight up with one eye, and keeps turning until it seems like his neck won't let him turn any further. Then he'll stay there for a few seconds, then start leveling out and be dazed for a couple minutes. After that he's back to his normal self. I haven't seen him do it in his cage yet. I wouldn't be worried normally but it looks so unusual and his eyes kind of glaze a little. Am I just a first time mom over thinking or should I be scheduling a vet visit?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Would you characterize it as stargazing somewhat, or not? When he looks up like that, is he
staring at something you have in your hand or something overhead?
Are you using a UVB light & good supplementation for him on a regular basis also?
Sometimes they pick up little quirks on their behavior such as staring right up at you. It is
most likely not a concern, but would watch to be sure he doesn't just have his head straight
up & starts to stargaze.
Can he walk, climb & run normally without any balance issues too?

Tracie

Terra213

Original Poster
I looked into stargazing and its a different sort of head movement. He also isn't arching his back like I've seen stargazing beardies do. Its hard to tell what he's looking at to be honest. To me it looked like he was staring at the ceiling with that one eye but its possible he could be been trying to look at me
No balance issues from what I've noticed and he definitely hasn't gotten slower lol. He's a very energetic and active little guy.
He has a 26 watt uvb bulb right now and I'm saving up to get one of those 2 bulb fixtures because its a little more one sided than I'd like. His crickets are dusted with a multivitamin and calcium every other feeding because I was worried about overdoing the multi. Crickets are on a flukers multivitamin and calcium diet and I put greens and bits of veggies in there for them too. He also gets his fill of dandelion greens and as many veggies as I can get him to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom