Weird shedding on tail and maybe blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarghblah

Hi. I’m a new bearded dragon parent and I’ve been trying to search the forums and web regarding this situation but haven’t had any luck yet finding someone with a similar experience. My 7 month year old Yoshi seems to be shedding his tail but it’s been taking him a while. We noticed that small scales would fall off here and there but new ones were behind them which to us reminded us of baby teeth almost. It’s been about two months now and his tail seems to be still white and now ready to shed. It’s been very dry and we’ve been spraying him with a spray bottle and giving him baths regularly.

Today though I noticed something on his tail that frightened me. I saw some red dots on the inside section of his tail where some scales might have been that looks like blood. Just for reference I don’t leave any live food in his cage or anything like that. What could this be and should I take him to a vet? Please help or if I’m just overreacting and if I should wait and see what happens. He’s still eating normally, he loves his Dubia roaches and he’s still active and running around and wants to play but when I saw what I think is blood it worries me. Thanks so much.

99847-7616840051.jpg

99847-3568266318.jpg

99847-1560003902.jpg

99847-1299171429.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I don't see anything red but I see the few raised scales. Those look totally harmless but you can soak the tail in a watered down betadine solution [ mixed to look the color of iced tea ] Be sure he doesn't drink any of it though.

Blarghblah

Original Poster
Thank you for that suggestion I did give him a little betadine soak on his tail. I took a couple more photos of his tail this morning that might show his red dots on his tail a little better.

99847-8342232313.jpg

99847-3709724094.jpg

99847-1260695933.jpg

99847-8656892320.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom