Slow Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
My beardie is white/grey in areas. He has been slowly shedding on his tail for a while. Even though, I have been giving the daily sprays of Repti-Shedding Aid and couple times of bathing a week. I was just wondering for his age a little over 12 months, is that normal to be a lot slower rate?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news, he's been shedding like crazy. I had to keep applying the spray and as well as giving him all natural Aloe Vera bath. Seemed to really help :D I have also been using the swamp cooler so that has increased a bit of the humidity as well but not directly into his terrarium.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hello!

Yesssss - adult shedding in dragons is much slower than the fast paced constant shedding of babies and juvies - (at least with mine they have been!!) - my one girl is 8 years old and she has a very specific pattern of shedding - she goes down for burnation usually in late September/October and sleeps until late January - late February ....

When she wakes up and starts to eat again, her face sheds, legs shed, back sheds and tip of tail sheds. It’s like this every year since adult hood! She’s predictable - and I do love that about her ???

Sheds are most definitely more difficult an longer in dragon adulthood.
However - At your dragon being just over 12 months, she is considered an adult - but not quite in to full on adulthood quite yet. A bit more of a sub-adult.

Neverless, you will start to see delayed shedding more and more as she grows up. From here on out, it will get slower and the shedding spots will be more random.

Sounds totally normal! It’s just a part of their life as they age ???
- Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom