How to tell if my bearded dragon is brumating or sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I’m a first time bearded dragon owner, I got her in October so about 8/9 months ago, she was 3 it 4 months when I got her. When she was younger she ate lots of live food (crickets mainly, a couple meal worms once or twice a week) and some kale. She hated greens when she was younger and now that’s all she want which i read is normal as they get older. She slowed down a lot the past 4 months, I thought she was sick in february because she wasn’t eating as good and just being lazy but when I took her to the vet he said she was one of the healthiest bearded dragons he’s ever seen. But now here I am again worried, the last 3 weeks she’s been sleeping a lot and eating off and on, but she’s isn’t pooping really at all. She pooped once in the last three weeks. Her tank doesn’t have sand in it, it is reptile carpets, and her basking spot is 100 degrees. I mist her everyday and bathe her every 2 weeks. She is constantly in her basked flaked out with all her legs back, but when I take her out she’s lively. I’m worried I’m interpreting her brutmation if that is what is happening? But I’m also worried she may be impacted because this is the longest she’s ever went without pooping. How can you tell between the two?? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom