Poo changes, could it mean worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra213

I apologize, couldn't really think of a better name. I want to start out saying he's 4 months, still eating. There have been some changes in the way he eats, he won't eat as much in the way of plants for me in the mornings or at night as he used to, but he eats up everything I leave in his dish for him for mid day, so I think that's why.
However, I've noticed changes in his poo for the last week, week and a half. They're not as full, they're a lot flatter if that makes sense. I can't tell if there is undigested plant in it, but I can definitely see There is no undigested crickets. It may also be a bit runny, but its hard to tell, I often find them when I get home from work or when I wake up. They used to stink like you wouldn't believe but that's not so much the case recently.
He was having an issue with light brown bits of undigested meal worm but after reading a post I learned I was giving him those a little too regularly and since then he has been getting them only twice a week and in smaller portions so that resolved
I guess I'm just worried if its worms that could be changing consistency or if there's something I'm doing wrong. I have some wormguard on the way just in case, but if it is worms I'm not sure how to handle it. My main reptile experience has been with leopard geckos and I don't think they are as susceptible to worms as beardies. Is it possible it could be dehydration too? He's not big on his baths so I can't get him to soak as long as I like and since it stresses him out I don't do it every day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be just an upset stomach. Can you post some photos of it? If it continues this way for another few weeks you might want to have a sample tested for parasites. You'll want to test first rather than just medicating since the meds can be harsh on them and different ones work against different parasites. Which veges are you offering him during the day? Sometimes a lot of high water content veges like squash and fruits can cause runny poops.

Terra213

Original Poster
Not sure how to post pictures on here, I'm still fairly new, but I do have some. But he has had quite a bit of acorn squash the last couple weeks, he's been loving that so maybe that's the cause. I keep his fruit limited to one feeding a day every 2-3 days or as a treat when I work with him with his harness.
Aside from that he eats a lot of dandelion greens, occasionally a piece of romaine for some moisture but that is rare, some broccoli and carrots, mango as a treat which he loves, and some sliver of grapes every so often too. I've been trying to broaden his diet but he doesn't eat a lot of things consistently. I've tried yellow swash, sweet potato, snap peas, kiwi, he's eaten them like once or twice and won't eat them again. Won't eat brussel sprouts, doesn't like much for fruit, especially if its red. I was gonna try some collard greens next, he doesn't seem to fight eating his greens.
So should I hold off on the squash and fruit for a couple days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom