Possibly sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wycca

First time beardie owner here. I’m a little worried about my dragon he’s a male and close to a year old. For awhile now he’s gotten to where he won’t eat anything other then his staple feeders (supers and dubias) and won’t touch anything green. When he was younger he would eat just about anything.

For a couple weeks now I’ve been having to hand feed him cause he stopped climbing down off his basking rock to eat and seems to be lazing around more then normal.

If I take him out of his tank he will walk around and is still really interested in his insects once they’re right in front of his nose, and will drink water from a pipete.

He poops about once a week and is big and solid with no unusual odors. I’m just wondering if something might be wrong or if he’s just being lazy.

Edit: almost forgot he has a reptisun 10 uvb and a basking area in the 100-110 range and cool side around 80

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he's OK if he's active outside of the tank. He looks nice and healthy based on the photos from your intro post. It's fairly normal for them to go through cycles of wanting less to eat, especially as they get older. Make food available to him on your regular schedule but if everything else seems OK I wouldn't worry too much if he isn't interested all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom