Lethargic Beardie

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Lethargic Beardie

Postby ddpaige » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 am

Hello!

As of recently I have noticed that my bearded dragon likes to lay in the same spot almost all day everyday. She is in a 55g tank and her temperatures are always 95-100 and the cool side reaches 75. Humidity is also at 30-40. So everything looks good to me but I notice that whenever I take her out of her tank, she turns back to her creamy color instead of a dark brown. I think she just hates being in the tank?? She eats like a champ and loves her meal worms especially with calcium powder sprinkles on top. She also won’t poop inside her tank she will wait til she is outside. So strange. I don’t know if I should be worried that she is acting this sluggish. [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
I have a 10.0 UVB bulb and a 150 watt basking bulb. I also give her a bath everyday to soak up water and I mist her before bed every night.
ddpaige
Newbie Poster

Re: Lethargic Beardie

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

It sounds like she is just basking and when you take her out she lightens back up (they darken to absorb light/heat). It's also common for them to wait until they are out of their tank to poop (or poop away from where they spend time). This is good and you can eventually train them to poop in a specific (easy to clean) area by developing a routine which keeps the tank much more sanitary.

Is your UVB light a compact bulb? That may not be powerful enough in a tank that size and being filtered through a screen top. I suggest investing in a T5 tube like this one to put across the top of the tank http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Bmjo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 am

ddpaige wrote:Hello!

As of recently I have noticed that my bearded dragon likes to lay in the same spot almost all day everyday. She is in a 55g tank and her temperatures are always 95-100 and the cool side reaches 75. Humidity is also at 30-40. So everything looks good to me but I notice that whenever I take her out of her tank, she turns back to her creamy color instead of a dark brown. I think she just hates being in the tank?? She eats like a champ and loves her meal worms especially with calcium powder sprinkles on top. She also won’t poop inside her tank she will wait til she is outside. So strange. I don’t know if I should be worried that she is acting this sluggish. [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
I have a 10.0 UVB bulb and a 150 watt basking bulb. I also give her a bath everyday to soak up water and I mist her before bed every night.

Stop feeding mealworms they are hard to digest and have poor nutritional value
Bmjo
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
Drache613

Return to Health