QUESTION PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
1) is it normal if she sit under the uvb?
2) can you microchip them?
3) would loud music bother her?
4) can spray her with water bottle?
5) why is she easy to pick up at night?
6) can I teach her any tricks?
7) can she choose her favourite rock even if not her headstone? it under uvb

otaytita

1. yes, they need it anyways
2. im not sure, possibly??
3. yes, they like things fairly calm and quiet
4. yes, you should mist her to keep her hydrated
5. they're easier to pick up at night because they're sleepier, so they're calmer
6. maybe a few simple tricks, but im not sure
7. whatever her favorite rock is is fine, as long as she's basking normally too

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":1znt0u2y said:
1) is it normal if she sit under the uvb? yes , my big girl spends most the day there.
2) can you microchip them? is possible , but only as adults , but I have never heard of anyone doing this.
3) would loud music bother her? yes
4) can spray her with water bottle? yes , but I only drop water from the nozzle on her snout, if she's thirsty she drinks the droplets as they reach her lips.
5) why is she easy to pick up at night? relaxed and sleepy
6) can I teach her any tricks? yes but takes a lot patience and time and she has to want to do it
7) can she choose her favourite rock even if not her headstone? it under uvb yes

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

JIMMIA":1wx0uubv said:
1) is it normal if she sit under the uvb? Yes, They need to be there anyway.
2) can you microchip them? I've never heard of anyone doing that But I believe only adults.
3) would loud music bother her? Yes, But it depends on the dragon and how loud the music is, My beardies love to listen to music (imagine dragons especially) and they would fall asleep to that, So it depends IMO.
4) can spray her with water bottle? Yes, but you should spray the snout area so they will lick it up. Also IMO I would only spray them 1-2X a week to prevent super high humidity
5) why is she easy to pick up at night? They're sleepy and relaxed, So it's easier to handle them.
6) can I teach her any tricks? It depends on the dragon, I Have taught Cisco and Daisy to come to me when their names are called. and Taught all of Them to walk on leashes.
7) can she choose her favourite rock even if not her heatstone? it under uvb Yes, It's fine but please remove the heat rock or just don't plug it in at all. It's too high a risk of burns.
I Hope this was useful! :)

-HippieLizards.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much :) one more question please :) I usually pat her on middle chest so how can I get her to sit on my shoulder or how can get her sit on my knee ? please :)

Matang613

JIMMIA":3l8fxwh8 said:
thank you very much :) one more question please :) I usually pat her on middle chest so how can I get her to sit on my shoulder or how can get her sit on my knee ? please :)
You can set her where ever you want her to sit on you, but she'll probably go where ever she's most comfortable. If I put mine on my lap or have him in my hands he just automatically climbs to my shoulder. It's just their preference.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you, probably explains why she gets a little squirmy after awhile :) and another 3 quick questions ? please :)

1) this her sleeping, is it okay if put a little crocheted/ knitted blanket there for her so she has a bed? or does the glass keep her warm?

2) I know she has her crickets and obviously she eaten some (2 to my knowledge because was watching her eat them, it’s funny and she look like a kid with candy all over there face lol sorry) but should I keep putting a few (I got told at least but 4 to 6 in there every 2 days, is that correct? please

3) she sleeps with one eye open or does she here slightest sound and wakes up, is that normal?

98861-9604748948.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
1- Yes, My beardies all have one and they love it. :) View media item 61005 This is how Cisco falls asleep almost each day.

2- That is not correct at all. Baby beardies need 3 insect feedings a day with about 30-40+ bugs each feeding. 4-6 Bugs every two days would kill him/her from starvation and growth issues (Also when feeding that many bugs I recommend putting her in a empty tub so she can see all the bugs and eat them without them scattering everywhere).

3- It's perfectly normal for them to do that. My beardies do that all the time (what is that wire in the cage? could you post a picture of the whole tank?).

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HIPPIELIZARDS

here is her tank, my friend who had a bearded before me set it all up and the pet shop says it looks good :)
98861-3560101306.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Actually, I honestly wouldn't trust the pet shops at all because it's obvious that they have given you some really bad advice. :? Also, there are MANY problems with the setup,

1: The red bulb is useless. They can hurt the beardies eyes and disrupt their sleep patterns.

2: You have a coil UVB bulb. Also get rid of that because sometimes that can cause extreme eye issues and sometimes blindness. What type is it?

3: The tank is WAY too small and you will soon have to upgrade it to a 72-120 gallon tank once she is older. I'm Assuming it's a 10-20 gal tank right?

4: All the loose wires and metal wire things could Invite her to climb on it and possibly get hurt,

5: The bulbs are WAY too close to her, Especially the red bulb since they get EXTREMELY hot and she could climb up one of those wires and onto one of the bulbs and get burned.

6: There really is no need for a water bowl because it's rare for beardies to drink from it, If it's not changed enough it can become a bacteria farm, and sometimes baby beardies will sleep walk at night into the water dish (and your water dish looks quite deep for her) and can either drown or have their body temperatures drop down to deadly low levels.

Here's some good examples of a good setup, Hopefully it'll give you some ideas: :D :blob5:

View media item 60902 This is Cisco's tank,

View media item 60757 Daisy's tank (she's the only one with a lid on her cage because she's a live-wire and has nearly escaped before when I forgot to put the lid back on),

and I Do not have a good picture of Loki's current setup since I need to add some more things and upgrade the size of the tank.

I Hope that this was helpful for you. :D :study:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Edited by Moderator due to duplicate post. :D

rjaimz1

JIMMIA":22wx6r66 said:
1) is it normal if she sit under the uvb?
2) can you microchip them?
3) would loud music bother her?
4) can spray her with water bottle?
5) why is she easy to pick up at night?
6) can I teach her any tricks?
7) can she choose her favourite rock even if not her headstone? it under uvb
1-It is normal however I would check the temp of the basking light to be sure it isn't too cool leading her to sit under the uvb.
2-Yes you can microchip a bearded dragon
3-loud music can stress her
4-yes using water bottles for misting is encouraged. Especially if they do not drink water on their own, or having a lot of bathes
5-She is easier to pick up at night because she is a cold blooded animal, and the cooler they get the slower they become. They conserve their energy in order to retain heat.
6-There have been people say that they have taught them a few tricks. Coming when called, jumping up on your arm etc.
7-I don't quite understand the question

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
HippieLizards":1giaehhi said:
Edited by Moderator due to duplicate post. :D
Thank you mods, I didn't mean to accidentally double post. Whoops! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom