Pooing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollyc

99226-2272026376.jpg
Any ideas what this could be a pinkish white egg shape at end of poo, a lot of water came out 1st the poo was in a sack and the pink/white bit attached at the end by a long jelly like string the egg shaped thing was rubbery but squishy. Unsure weather girl or boy difficult to tell about 1 year old went to weeks without pooing went off food had xray no impactaction just lots of poo!!! that came out after but with 3 or four of this white rubbery things in went anthor week and then this came out. Syringe feeding with correct vitamins calcium mix etc... On calcivet and been bathing regularly with reptoboost and tummy rubs . lights, temp, humidity in viv good.... Yesterday before poo was jumpy when touched underneath tummy and pancaked up could see was painful ... Still Lively and altert still seems happy lost a little weight but fits with the none eating any idea of what this could be?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
That would be the urate. When most reptiles go to the bathroom, alongside their poop will normally be a urate, which is commonly white in color.

Also to tell the gender simply lay the dragon on a flat surface, lift the tail up a bit where you can see the vent. And right above the vent will be either two bumps or one bump. One meaning female and two meaning male.
Sex-of-a-bearded-dragon.jpg

Can you please go over your beardies setup, the type of UVB your using, your exact temperatures, what you're using to monitor those temperatures, if you have any night time heating, the size tank you have, what your feeding etc.

Also to post pictures go to https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Upload a picture and then hit the XIMG button near the top of the post when replying to select.

Lollyc

Original Poster
Hi we have 2 fluorescent uvb tubes 5.0 + just order new ones as over 6 months old basking area 100w 50/60 hz 240v. Temps are cool side 76.8 hot 98.2 humidity 35% they are what they read atm but can vary cool up to 82 hot side up to 106 and humidity up to 45% viv size is 1200 mm length height 435mm depth 385mm, I've got rid of sand and has repti carpet with a small nesting area of sand in one corner incase female which I'm sure she is from the pics thank you. She has locusts just gone down to size 3 as size 4 seemed to be getting bigger so that could have caused the constipation? She has greens such as kale or parsley or rocket dandelion leaves red peppers only occasionally carrot grapes cucumber apple peeled, she has a shallow water bowl in viv which she often bathes in, have started gut loading locus but she's not eating them atm. Bathing in repti boost whilst not eating and she's having omnivore and carnivore with water mixture as syringe food which she seems to enjoy she takes about 3ml to 5ml twice a day atm been on for 3 days now, dust used on locust are calci dust and nutrobal and she's on 1ml of calcivet again 3 days into this. Just started to turn all lights of a night now since warmer weather she used to have just her basking light on overnight, think she was at bit dehydrated but up'd bathing and seem to be better now also her bearded is starting to go white at the sides which it does when shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom