Holiday Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

spendad

Hi all totally new Beardie owner here.
We have had our Beardie (Rio) who is 18months old we were told, for two weeks now & we all love him.
I feed him twice a day with greens in the morning & locust in the afternoon, however we are going on holiday for 5 days soon & my father in law can only come once a day to feed him (& the rest of our pets, inc hedgehog, rabbits, cats & fish). I've told him to feed him his greens everyday & to give him locusts every other day & a few mealworms on alternate days whilst we're away. Will this be ok for him? Also Rio goes crazy whenever he sees the big yellow tweezers I use to give him his locusts, near enough taking them out my hand! Is this a sign that he is starving, I really hope not?
Thanks in advance

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Rio is a cute name! That is good to hear you have your father in law to come over to help
with him daily.
That schedule will be perfectly fine for him, not a problem at all. Fresh greens & a few
mealies with locusts every other day sounds good for an adult. He just associates the big
yellow tweezers with food & gets excited. LOL They are good with remembering things like
that. Have you actually hand fed him yet, he would probably love that. Just watch the fingers
if he is really hungry. They are usually pretty good about not biting.
Feel free to post pictures of him, if you would like.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom