Causes& effects of pooping without urate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakai

Hey guys, my boy Drogo has been pooping everyday, but for 4 days now he's been pooping without the urate. Here are some pics.
92108-1785791358.jpg
92108-6643775366.jpg
92108-2287321072.jpg
Some of them appears watery because he was previously dehydrated and ive beeen told by my vet to feed him 15ml of water a day. He was also on Hill's Prescription Diet (Restorative Care - Chicken) and antibiotics for a week as it was found out that he had lots of bacteria in his poop. And after that, i realized he started pooping without the urate. I wanted to bring him for his next check up but my vet hasnt reply yet (the only way to contact the vet is through email.) So while im still waiting for the reply, i was hoping if i could gain some ideas/insight on what could be the problem.
Thanks for all your time!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guess would be the kidneys aren't processing waste and producing the urate. I would offer extra water by dripping it on his nose to lick up to help kidney function. It looks like he's well hydrated though based on the extra water passing through with the poop. Since it hasn't been too long I wouldn't be alarmed yet but if it continues without urate then I might have the vet do a blood test to check kidney function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom