Beardie hasn’t eaten in almost 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bweiser18

Hello! I’ve never experienced my Beardie not eating before. He just shed his tail. And his feet are now in the process. His whole body isn’t coming off yet but him not eating is getting me worried. Is this normal during the shed? How long will he not eat for? When should I start to worry and what should I do? Thanks

rjaimz1

This could be a very good reason why your beardie hasn't eaten. Give them a warm soak for 15 minutes a few times per week to help make the shedding process more comfortable. But don’t try to peel any scales/skin that is loose or peeling off.
Just to be thorough
Did you recently buy or relocate your dragons?
• Have you changed their lighting in the last 3-6 months?
• Did something change in their diet? Is the lighting and temps correct?
Keep an eye on your dragon and make him as comfortable as possible during the shed. The baths really do help a lot.

Bweiser18

Original Poster
No lighting changes and basking temps are ranging 95-105. Diet has changed slightly. He’s now been snacking on super worms. He’s about 4-5 months old and just about 16 inches long. Started off with just one. And then increased more. To see if he was digesting the worms due to the hard outer skin. Once about a week went by I fed him about 7 in a row. He seemed to be going to the bathroom just fine. Today he went to the bathroom once just a little but thats because he has only had 2 roaches in 2 Days. Is this normal?

rjaimz1

Bweiser18":1ar1spc3 said:
No lighting changes and basking temps are ranging 95-105. Diet has changed slightly. He’s now been snacking on super worms. He’s about 4-5 months old and just about 16 inches long. Started off with just one. And then increased more. To see if he was digesting the worms due to the hard outer skin. Once about a week went by I fed him about 7 in a row. He seemed to be going to the bathroom just fine. Today he went to the bathroom once just a little but thats because he has only had 2 roaches in 2 Days. Is this normal?
I really would try bathing him because he might be uncomfortable because of the shed. They are truly miserable during that time. I would bathe him a few times a week, you can even take a soft bristle toothbrush and gently rub over shedding area. You want to try to avoid the temptation to peel off the bearded dragons skin. It can hurt the dragon and or damage the scales under the shed spot. you can also help by rubbing aloe vera gel on them. you can also put some in the water of his bath. It’s not uncommon for dragons to eat less or refuse food altogether. Continue to offer them meals and try not to worry. Please keep us updated. I really wouldn't worry to much. If problem persists after shed is finished I would consider the vet.

Bweiser18

Original Poster
It’s now been 3 days. He didn’t eat this morning. I’ve been giving him baths 2 days in a row now. The only thing is his body isn’t peeling yet his tail and legs came off but his body isn’t peeling yet. Is this still normal? How long can he go without eating? Should I be making a Vet visit?

Bweiser18

Original Poster
Okay so update. I went to the store and got a different feeder insect. His staple is Dubai roaches. I went and got some crickets. He ate about 10 crickets and 4 Dubai roaches. He would only eat while he was on his rock basking. (Hand fed). So what’s the deal with this? I’ve alwyas taken him out and put him in a container to feed him. I’ve never hand fed him before. So why all of the sudden wouldn’t he eat for 3 days and now only will eat when hand fed?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bweiser18":xfns48xv said:
Okay so update. I went to the store and got a different feeder insect. His staple is Dubai roaches. I went and got some crickets. He ate about 10 crickets and 4 Dubai roaches. He would only eat while he was on his rock basking. (Hand fed). So what’s the deal with this? I’ve alwyas taken him out and put him in a container to feed him. I’ve never hand fed him before. So why all of the sudden wouldn’t he eat for 3 days and now only will eat when hand fed?

OK .... so hand feed him since that is what he wants you do to .... be an obedient human and do as you are told by your little spikey master/mistress.

Bweiser18

Original Poster
He’s only eating when you hand feed him on his rock tho. It doesn’t make sense why all of the sudden he was not eating for 3 days and now will only eat when hand fed in his terrarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom