Soft black scales?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I noticed weird yellowish scales on my male bearded dragons neck, and the past few days scales have been falling off leaving black under formed squishy scales underneath. I'm highly concerned and haven't been able to find answers via Google. I'm recently unemployed so I'm unable to afford a vet anytime soon. I'm begging for help, I don't want to lose my baby.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, please try to post a picture or two of those areas. It sounds suspiciously like yellow fungus
or black fungus.
To be proactive, I would get some raw, unpasteurized honey or manuka honey to apply to the
affected areas. Try to keep it as clean & dry as possible, out of applying the honey at night.
The areas are raw, correct? If so, don't apply any anti-fungal creams to it or any type of
astringent directly on it. You could clean it with a very diluted betadine solution.
How is his appetite?

Tracie

Catblack2662

Original Poster
Drache613":3jhb5t7q said:
Hello,

Yes, please try to post a picture or two of those areas. It sounds suspiciously like yellow fungus
or black fungus.
To be proactive, I would get some raw, unpasteurized honey or manuka honey to apply to the
affected areas. Try to keep it as clean & dry as possible, out of applying the honey at night.
The areas are raw, correct? If so, don't apply any anti-fungal creams to it or any type of
astringent directly on it. You could clean it with a very diluted betadine solution.
How is his appetite?

Tracie
He's acting completely normal, I've been trying to find a way to upload pictures but I can't figure it out. The area on his neck is a perfect line of where the scales have come off. The new scales are a blackish white, under formed and soft. The area sticks out from the rest of his neck, literally the skin is pushed out from his neck as the scales around the effected area don't lay down like normal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can click on the XIMG here in the message box, to upload your pictures to the Photo
Gallery, then copy/paste the IMG to here.
That's good it doesn't seem to be bothering him though. It does sound like something is going
on with those scales though. Were you able to get some honey to put on it?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom