Bearded Dragon juvenile not eating much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toran

This is about my new 2 month old Solaire. He's been here almost a week now and finally started eating again after his first couple of days here. He now eats about 7-10 crickets a day with maybe a veggie we have some bok choy greens we have tried him on that he barely ever touches. My temps are correct at about 105-110 in his basking area and 70-80 in his cool area. He almost never leaves his rock in his basking area to catch food and will only go after it if it gets close to him. I've ordered some Phoenix worms to see if I can peak his appetite. He seems alert and able to move around when he does move but mostly just basks all day.

He won't starve eating this much will he?

rjaimz1

Its normal for a new dragon to not eat much when he first arrives. He is still getting used to his new enviroment and enclosure. He is eating enough. He definitely is not going to starve. He seems to be getting what he needs. I use phoenix worms myself. I started out with extra small then went to small. All of which were way to small. I am now going to medium, Orian is now 2.5 months old. I did start waving a small piece of collard green in front of him, he now eats veggies pretty good. He absolutely loves green beans. You will not need to dust the phoenix worms, they are high in calcium. Hope this helps.

Toran

Original Poster
rjaimz1":n6obu0mx said:
Its normal for a new dragon to not eat much when he first arrives. He is still getting used to his new enviroment and enclosure. He is eating enough. He definitely is not going to starve. He seems to be getting what he needs. I use phoenix worms myself. I started out with extra small then went to small. All of which were way to small. I am now going to medium, Orian is now 2.5 months old. I did start waving a small piece of collard green in front of him, he now eats veggies pretty good. He absolutely loves green beans. You will not need to dust the phoenix worms, they are high in calcium. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much this does help set me at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom