Baby Bearded Dragon not eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahMr98

I’ve had my bearded dragon for about 3 weeks now, at first he was eating normally but about a week and a half in he started a shed, at first it was just his tail and he continued to act normally but for about, I want to say 3 to 4 days now he hasn’t been eating much. He gets fed about 20 Phoenix worms in the morning, around 3pm he gets his crickets, and around 6 he gets some mixed veggies, Phoenix worms, and crickets. I know he’s eating a little bit because I leave the Phoenix worms in his bowl when I leave for work in the mornings and when I get home some are gone, as far as crickets, when he is fed at 3 a different member of the family is feeding him so I’m not sure how he’s eating then and at 6 when he gets his veggies, worms, and crickets he hasn’t been eating any. I’m not sure if this is room for concern because I noticed he was acting strange when his body/face started to shed which was about a week ago. His poops have been looking normal and I soaked him about two days ago, although I think that it might have scared him a bit since he is fairly new. He is currently in a 20 gallon long (temporarily until he’s bigger) he’s got a 100w basking lamp and two 65w ceramic heaters, both stay on during the day and one stays on at night/all the time. (I know that’s sounds like a lot but my house is cold and gets down to about 62 Fahrenheit in the house at night) and a 10.0 UVB light ( it’s worth mentioning that he got a new uvb like three days ago because before he had a 5.0 and I was recommended get the 10.0) his basking spot stays about 100-105 and the cool side stays about 80-85. Last night when his lights went out he started glass surfing so I took him out and he went to sleep. He seems a bit stressed but I’m thinking it could be the shed. I’ve been handling him daily for about a week and a half now and he’s pretty calm. He does a bit of hand walking but for the most part just sits there and gets pet. I’m trying to figure out if there is anything else I need to be doing besides the not eating much he seems completely healthy, alert, pooping normally, no sunken or puffed eyes or anything else that would point to him not being in good health. He is my first beardie and I’ve already grown attached and I really want him to survive!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How are you taking the temps? That's a lot of heat for a 20 gallon. Also he needs to cool down at night. He'll be fine if you turn off the CHE. I use a 75 watt halogen flood bulb in my 40 gallon and it gets about 100 to 105.

SarahMr98

Original Poster
destiny1998":2t25afgi said:
Hi. How are you taking the temps? That's a lot of heat for a 20 gallon. Also he needs to cool down at night. He'll be fine if you turn off the CHE. I use a 75 watt halogen flood bulb in my 40 gallon and it gets about 100 to 105.
I use an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature daily, like I said I know it sounds like a lot but my house really is cold haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom