Is this an egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
So I was feeding Neptune, went to go put her back after she ate her food and once that was done I looked up at Venus's enclosure and she had pooped, it looked a bit concerning since it was very liquidy and nothing was formed at all and then I glanced over and there appears to be this "egg" shaped object.

I cleaned it up, and put the "egg" on a paper towel. It does appear to be an egg just very oddly colored and when I poked a hole into it this greenish/brown stuff came out of it. It smelled terrible.

If this is a egg could there be more inside her? She did lay a 3rd clutch of 28 infertile eggs 3 days ago but she doesn't appear or act like she needs to lay again.

As for her behavior right now she's entirely fine, very active and trying to eat pretty much anything that moves.

image.jpg

image.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It certainly does look like one to me. It's a good thing it didn't burst before she got it out. Hopefully that's the last of them. If they are starting to rot that can be bad news.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I didnt see you said anything until today.
Venus has been fine, active, eating until today. She's a bit lethargic, still alert just not as much as she was before and she's also black bearding. Her appetite is terrible, she usually goes crazy for superworms, I put one in her enclosure she just glanced at it, so i picked it up and moved it close to her face, still just sort of looked at it. It took her about a minute or two to even go for it.

Her colors are overall bright, only thing is her beard and then her tail which is dark and her belly is also darker than usual.

I had her out next to me to check her over, she's occasionally closing her eyes and then opening them again.
Anyway I put her back after checking her over, she seemed to really want back inside since she tried to run out of my hands to get back in.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Luckily she went back to normal the day after and so far nothing concerning has happened again. Although she is suddenly eating almost an entire salad daily and even running at the glass to get it if I set her bowl down outside the tank... which is a bit out of ordinary for her. She usually ignores it or only takes a few bites out of it and then holds off for bugs. However, that's probably a good thing in a way since she needed more greens in her diet.
Other than eating great she's very active (completely normal for her, she's always been active), and no black bearding or lethargicness.

As for the vet I'll keep that in mind if she starts acting odd again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom