Dark patch on by bearded dragons back

Status
Not open for further replies.
98964-9761498095.jpg
98964-8209053599.jpg
Im really worried about my boy. I bought him 3 months ago.He had a small patch on his back when i got him that looked like a burn but its getting bigger. Hes 6 months old. He eats and poops a ton and is very active,alert and super friendly. He sheds once a month. When he sheds the patch remains.
From my internet search it says it might be a fungus but he never had yellow patches. Its always been dark.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Hello,
That does look concerning. Please post this in the ER section to draw more attention to your problem.
Esther

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If that is expanding and isn't going away after a shed then I would definitely have a vet run a test on a sample to find out what you're dealing with. If it's fungal it can be treated with a combination of topical and oral medication but it's best to have it diagnosed early.

Daniela434

Original Poster
98964-6796031683.jpg
I applied athletes foot cream for 3 days and today the patch fell off! Looks like it was a fungal infection and the anti fungal cream worked a treat! So pleased

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, the fungal area cleared up completely? That is wonderful. Well, do keep an eye out for
it to be sure it doesn't return like those infections sometimes do.
It looks like he has grown, also. I am going to move your thread to Health right now. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom