Some Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrrith

I have a wonderful nearly 3 year old Beardie named Zeus. He weighs 300g and is 14 inches including his tail (some is lost due to previous owners). Lately hes been cutting back on his food, but hes been as hyper as always. Ive begun to notice dents right behind the line of spikes on his head, back legs, hips, and it kinda looks like his shoulder blades are showing sometimes.

https://imgur.com/a/91Ca6FL
^Pictures of him. I can add more if needed

Every morning he gets his veggies. It changes constantly so this is a list of all the things he will get.
Kale
Bok Choy
Mustard Greens
Green Beans
Bell Peppers
Cherry Tomatos
Basil
Grapes
Celery

Other things will come and go too. He normally eats his entire dish within the morning, however, he will only eat half sometimes. In the evening, he will get 2-3 adult Discoid roaches, and some smaller ones if he is still looking around for more.

I do not have the dimensions of his cage yet, but it is around two to three times longer than him. He has a basking spot with a 75 watt heat bulb and an UVB light. He has does not have his lights on at night. Every day he gets taken out of his cage to run around outside for anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours per day.

I got him when he was 8 months old. When I got him, he was eating pellets, didnt have any lights, no basking rocks, no substrate, and was deathly thin. He is missing a nail, part of his tail, and it looks like one of his thumbs were broken. At the time, a pet store that we went to said that vets wont be able to do anything about it, so it was better to save your money. However, it seems to be affecting his walking now. We do get his nails cut, and hes due for a trim right now.

Are there any tips/advice. etc. that any of you guys can give me? This is my first reptile ever, so I may just be overreacting. Thank you in advance!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks quite healthy in the photos. The fat pads on top of his head look nice and full. His arm and leg muscles look developed and healthy. It's a great sign that he is energetic and likes to run around outside the cage. He is getting a nice variety of veges so let him have all he wants. This is a good list to reference if you want more ideas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html but variety is the key.

Syrrith

Original Poster
Thank you!

Okay. Im glad to hear that. My neighbor told us that he looks a little thin and it made me worry. Ill definitely check that website out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom