Dead scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruiser1

98635-2166297376.jpg
I have a 2.5 year old male bearded. I've had him for about 7 months and the whole time I've had him, he's a few dark spots on the underneath side of his tail each about the size of a scale. He has a few more now than when I got him and just a few days ago he had a bigger dark spot on his chin but it looked like he just had poop on his chin. I gave him a bath and started cleaning it off with a toothbrush and realized some wasn't coming off. Maybe I took of a scab? The spot on his chin and the smaller ones on his tail look like missing scales. Also he's very healthy and active. Any ideas on what's wrong and should I be worried?
98635-825119331.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be a slight scab ob his chin area, not usually a real problem but you can still put a dab of raw honey on it [ a natural antimicrobial ] Just be sure there are no loose insects anywhere in the tank. The spots on the tail are like dead scales, I had a dragon years ago that had some on her stomach but they never caused a problem. What you can do to be proactive is get some betadine, dilute it with water to look like strong iced tea and dab it over those areas a few times a day. Other than that he should be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom