Beardie Not Eating..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlquick

My female beardie is approx 6 mths 15”L.
Over the course of the last 6 weeks, her health/appetite has been on a slow decline..
First, for about 2 weeks, her appetite was normal, eating about 5-6 superworms for breakfast, and roughly 20 crickets a day. But, her poop was abnormal. Not the normal semi-solid, but extremely soft with a high water content.
On the third week, her poop improved, but her appetite went down to maybe 4 superworms, and 10 crickets a day..

For the last three weeks, she rarely poops and when she does it’s only a little bit. Eating maybe 3-4 superworms and less than 5 crickets a day.. She has very little interest in eating, unless I hand feed them to her. She won’t go after the food on her own anymore..
I also offer greens everyday, but she has no interest.

She also glass surfs a lot, and sometimes refuses to bask..
Basking temp is approx 103*

Here is her current setup
36”L X 18”D X 18”H 40gL Tank
ZooMed Deep Dome w/ PowerSun MVB 100W 12” away from her basking spot
Paper Towel substrate

Here is how much interest she actually has in food..
97541-1652583387.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is a cutie! Since she is only 6 months or so, she is still going to grow more.
She may have gone through a slight slow down phase as some do when they grow rapidly.
The Powersun MVB might not be emitting enough UVB. They are decent lights but are known
to be weak. I would highly recommend getting a T5 high output tube bulb to be used in
combination with the Powersun. There is either the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14%
both of which are good. How often do you give a calcium supplementation?
Is she losing any weight?

Tracie

dlquick

Original Poster
Drache613":34m831sd said:
Hello,

She is a cutie! Since she is only 6 months or so, she is still going to grow more.
She may have gone through a slight slow down phase as some do when they grow rapidly.
The Powersun MVB might not be emitting enough UVB. They are decent lights but are known
to be weak. I would highly recommend getting a T5 high output tube bulb to be used in
combination with the Powersun. There is either the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14%
both of which are good. How often do you give a calcium supplementation?
Is she losing any weight?

Tracie

She doesn’t appear to be losing weight.. I also supplement RepCal Calcium w/ D3 on every superworm breakfast, and Herptivite once a week.
I plan to pickup a ReptiSun setup as soon as I have the funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom