Beardie Not Eating..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlquick

My female beardie is approx 6 mths 15”L.
Over the course of the last 6 weeks, her health/appetite has been on a slow decline..
First, for about 2 weeks, her appetite was normal, eating about 5-6 superworms for breakfast, and roughly 20 crickets a day. But, her poop was abnormal. Not the normal semi-solid, but extremely soft with a high water content.
On the third week, her poop improved, but her appetite went down to maybe 4 superworms, and 10 crickets a day..

For the last three weeks, she rarely poops and when she does it’s only a little bit. Eating maybe 3-4 superworms and less than 5 crickets a day.. She has very little interest in eating, unless I hand feed them to her. She won’t go after the food on her own anymore..
I also offer greens everyday, but she has no interest.

She also glass surfs a lot, and sometimes refuses to bask..
Basking temp is approx 103*

Here is her current setup
36”L X 18”D X 18”H 40gL Tank
ZooMed Deep Dome w/ PowerSun MVB 100W 12” away from her basking spot
Paper Towel substrate

Here is how much interest she actually has in food..
97541-1652583387.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is a cutie! Since she is only 6 months or so, she is still going to grow more.
She may have gone through a slight slow down phase as some do when they grow rapidly.
The Powersun MVB might not be emitting enough UVB. They are decent lights but are known
to be weak. I would highly recommend getting a T5 high output tube bulb to be used in
combination with the Powersun. There is either the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14%
both of which are good. How often do you give a calcium supplementation?
Is she losing any weight?

Tracie

dlquick

Original Poster
Drache613":34m831sd said:
Hello,

She is a cutie! Since she is only 6 months or so, she is still going to grow more.
She may have gone through a slight slow down phase as some do when they grow rapidly.
The Powersun MVB might not be emitting enough UVB. They are decent lights but are known
to be weak. I would highly recommend getting a T5 high output tube bulb to be used in
combination with the Powersun. There is either the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14%
both of which are good. How often do you give a calcium supplementation?
Is she losing any weight?

Tracie

She doesn’t appear to be losing weight.. I also supplement RepCal Calcium w/ D3 on every superworm breakfast, and Herptivite once a week.
I plan to pickup a ReptiSun setup as soon as I have the funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom