Purple Colour in Urate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon Malakai is 2 years old and he has fecal tests done every 6 months. I just had a fecal done one week ago and it came back negative. Just today he pooped **on my bed ?** and I noticed the urate was a strange colour at the end and then right before his actual poop there was a mass of poop or something that appeared to be purple in colour. After that his poop was normal colour and well formed.. I am concerned because I haven't fed him anything purple or blue in colour. This is the first time I've seen his poop like that. He's in a 50 Gallon tank with Reptisun UVB 10.0 and UVA. His basking area reaches 105. He gets calcium 3 times a week and a multivitamin once per week. The only thing that has changed in his diet is this past week I introduced a more elaborate variety of veggies that he hasn't normally ever had. He had collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, butter nut squash, carrots (rarely) zucchini (rarely) and sweet potato. I know this sounds gross but i cut the heads off of the hornworms I give him because I find it's easier for him to digest them. I noticed the liquid that comes from the hornworms is almost the exact same colour as what I seen in his poop. Could this be the issue or could it be something else ? His energy levels have increased due to the arrival of spring in my area - the weather has gotten much nicer and he knows it! **worried dragon mama** Thanks for any insight!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the color matches the liquid in the hornworm then I'll bet that's the source and it's not something to be concerned with, especially if it looks normal again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom