Limb amputation after cancer diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vankdaloo

Hi, my four year old bdragon was just diagnosed with bone cancer in one hind leg. The vet said she will not live to see next year. I am considering amputation to extend her life. Has anyone with a dragon had a limb amputated surgically because of cancer or a serious injury? Thanks.

Vankdaloo

Original Poster
Yes the diagnosis was made from an x-ray, which I don’t have in my possession. The x-ray was sent to a well known vet in The Cities and I have not heard back on his opinion. I also had it sent to a vet I have used in the past before I moved Up North last year. He agreed with the diagnosis. I will try to figure out how to post a picture of my girl’s swollel leg.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, it's good to be sure + thorough about something so serious. And dragons with a missing limb generally have no problem at all, they carry on just as the did before with just slightly less mobility. :)

Vankdaloo

Original Poster
Bless you for your response. I would really appreciate it if you would share in a little more detail what experience you have had or know about with bdragons that have had amputations! Thanks again. V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom