Bearded Dragon looks skinny and won't eat much

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a bearded dragon that used to look amazing. However I started to notice weird things, like him missing food when trying to eat or missing where he's trying to jump. The more I pay attention the more I think he has a depth perception problem. Now he hardley wants to run around or be active and kinda just gives up on eating. He definitely hasn't grown to the extent of my other beardie and I don't know how to help him. He gets plenty of calcium and water. He isn't blocked because I gave him a warm bath where he "went to the bathroom" and went today again (small). He also sits under his light a lot. What can I do to help him?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup such as the type/brand of UVB, supplementation, heating,
& feeding so we can be sure everything is all correct.
Do you have any pictures of him along with the tank setup too you could post?
How old is he?
It sounds like he may be suffering from metabolic bone disease possibly, but can't be sure
until we review your setup with us.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Original Poster
Everything is from exo terra and fluckers. I dont know how to post pictures on this site yet...? I'm not sure of his age because I was never told. But I got him this last July and he was about 4 inches. He gets close to the heat light so that should be good. I have another lizard that is doing well with the lights in another cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom